Tunnel Design Engineer, Bored Tunnels, Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Are you interested in working with one of the best Tunnels and Underground Infrastructure's team at one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Now you have the opportunity
Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of tunnelling and underground infrastructure design through our involvement on some of the world's most prestigious projects.
With a full set of world-class competencies within tunnelling and infrastructure engineering, combined with local presence and experience, our talented and dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world – no matter how large or small. Recently, our major project awards comprise a number of iconic and high profile projects around the globe including: KAAR Project in Saudi Arabia; Red Line Metro in Qatar; Lower Thames Crossing in London; Fornebu Metro in Norway; Chittagong Tunnel in Bangladesh and the Femern Tunnel in Denmark, the record-breaking tunnel project linking Denmark and Germany which will be the longest immersed tunnel in the world and the largest infrastructure project in Denmark’s history!
We have a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results; we are recognized as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and are the client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.
Following further contract awards we are actively seeking to recruit a professional and career minded Tunnel Design Engineer to join our highly skilled Tunnels and Underground Infrastructure team, based from our head office in Lyngby Denmark.
The role will see you working on a variety of project from around the globe and will offer you significant opportunities for skills and career development across a range of ground engineering and tunnel design aspects of projects, together with the opportunity to work from other COWI Group offices in Europe and worldwide.
As a Tunnel Design Engineer you will possess experience of the design of segmental linings for bored tunnels and shafts, sprayed concrete lined tunnels and be capable of mentoring and providing guidance to less experienced engineers, producing conceptual and detail designs, preparing / checking calculations for a variety of tunnelling / civil engineering structures.
BE PART OF AN INTERNATIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reporting to the Head of Section, you will be accountable for producing / checking designs and calculations for a variety of tunnel and underground structures projects, liaising with clients and mentoring / developing less experienced engineers.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
You hold a master's degree in civil engineering and have experience in design of segmental linings for bored tunnels and shafts, sprayed concrete lined tunnels (NATM and rock tunnels) on multidisciplinary projects, good understanding of construction methods in tunneling.
You have experience related to:
- Detailed design and analysis
- Tunnelling technique including some or all of
- TBM tunnelling
- Sequential excavation method (SEM/NATM)
- Rock tunnel design/rock support classes
- Micro tunneling
- Provide technical leadership to projects
- Assisting in the development of conceptual design and producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- Develops and implements design best practices in areas of expertise, in addition, ensures conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- Preparation / checking of calculations and drawings, writing reports
- Project Management
- Site visits and attending client meetings, building relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Responsible for accurate forecasting, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting for assigned project(s)
- Mentoring and developing less experienced team members to allow them to achieve their full potential
- Business development, leading proposals for new work and preparing contract documents
- Performs and reviews calculations for analysis
Furthermore, you can recognise yourself in the following statements:
- You possess excellent reporting and communication skills in both personal and written for
- You will be self-motivated and able to communicate / liaise effectively and professionally with the design team, clients and contractors
- You will possess strong analytical ability and a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and current design standards
- You will have proven soil / structure interaction skills and possess direct experience within a design and build environment
- You will possess the ability to provide technical leadership with the ability to coach, lead, manage and develop a team
- You will have FEM design experience (Plaxis 2D or 3D, FLAC, STAAD, Robot or similar software)
- CAD/BIM experience from AutoCAD/Revit/Civil 3D is an advantage
- You will be willing to travel to meet clients or visit our other offices worldwide
- The ability to read, write and communicate effectively in Danish or other Scandinavian Languages would be a distinct advantage
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
We offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do. We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
If you would like further information on the position, please contact:
Søren Degn Eskesen
Head of Section
Tunnels and Underground Infrastructure
Mobile: +45 56402554
We look forward to receiving your CV and application before the 31st March 2019 deadline. Please note that we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.