COWI holds a key position in design of infrastructure and landmark projects. We are looking for a Project Manager for our office in Denmark - are you ready to join our team of top-professionals and engaged colleagues working for improving the infrastructure across the globe?
COWI is involved in the engineering and design of highways & airports, tunnels, bridges, marine structures, buildings and other areas ranging from preliminary studies to design and rehabilitation. COWI combines global presence with local knowledge to solve prestigious infrastructure projects and it has more than 650 dedicated collaborators working in the transportation engineering business.
You will be part of the Highways and Airports department and work with some of the best technical specialist and project managers. You will be working as a Project Manager leading project design teams on various international and/or local highway, land development and airport projects.
Following further contract awards we are actively seeking to recruit a professional and career minded Project Manager for Infrastructure and roads to join our highly skilled team, based from our office in Lyngby.
The role will see you managing medium to large projects during all project phases, from conceptual design to detailed design and supervision.
BE PART OF A MULTIDISCIPLINARY WORK ENVIRONMENT
As Project Manager for Infrastructure and road projects, you will be supporting our growing portfolio of road and land development design work from our department in Lyngby, with focus on multidisciplinary cooperation in Denmark, Scandinavia and internationally.
You will be accountable for being the market lead for expanding our pipeline within infrastructure projects in Lyngby in close cooperation with our Head of Section. This includes developing and maintaining a good relationship to external clients, our internal business partners and coordinating and preparing proposals.
The role includes demonstrating ability to inspire and motivate staff and supporting cross-functional project teams.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
You hold a degree in engineering and have more than five years of experience with designing roads, highways and land development of which you have done project management for three years or more in relevant consulting companies.
Furthermore, you recognise your profile in the following statements:
- You have strong background in road design and infrastructure projects
- You can manage cooperation across disciplines and geography
- You have proven project management skills
- You have experience with preparation of tenders for road and infrastructure projects
Furthermore, you can relate to the following:
- You have excellent communication skills in Danish (oral and written)
- You are solution oriented, focused on deliverables and detail-oriented
- You are highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You have ability to perform under tight deadlines
- You are enthusiastic and a team player
- You are a very good leader and you are self-motivated
Your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Ensuring successful project execution and delivery
- Ensure profitability and other targets for own projects
- Project team members’ engagement
- Team development
- Customer engagement and satisfaction on projects
- Additional sale on projects / Change requests
- Build customer relations at operational level
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
At COWI, we offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
You will be part of an open and informal working environment with good working conditions, health insurance and flexible staff benefits. We have good social environment where we work development-oriented, and where coaching and knowledge sharing are some of the essential elements.
If you would like further information on the position, please contact:
Head of Section
Highways and Airports International
We look forward to receiving your CV and application before the 20th June 2019 deadline. Please note that we accept applications and CV in both English and Danish.