Do you want to work as our new in-house Legal Counsel and participate in creating value at COWI's projects? Then please read on. COWI is known for creating value for our customers, for citizens and for society in a diverse and international context. Our projects include a diverse range of high profiled key infrastructure and building projects but also major digitalization and green transitions projects.
As our new in-house Legal Counsel, you will be part of a team of five in-house Legal Counsels in COWI Group Legal supporting the Danish business line.
Group Legal is one of the business support functions supporting operations and management in the COWI Group and is led by Group General Counsel, Julie Ramhøj Meisner. Group Legal consists of fifteen in-house legal counsels based in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, UK and Canada, one group compliance officer, one group insurance manager, one insurance claims manager as well as two paralegals.
YOU HAVE A SOLID EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND LEGAL WORK EXPERIENCE
You have a law degree from an accredited university with an excellent academic record and legal experience from a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel including the following:
- You have contractual experience; preferably within consultancy agreements and/or IT-contracts.
- You have experience in identifying, managing and mitigating operational risk and opportunities
- You have excellent Danish and English language skills – both written and spoken.
- Experience with GDPR and data processing agreements is an advantage but not a requirement.
YOU THRIVE WORKING AS IN-HOUSE LEGAL COUNSEL
Your primary responsibilities lie within legal risk management, contract management and general corporate housekeeping and will include:
- General day-to-day legal assistance to the operational management and project managers in Denmark and abroad
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating contracts including consultancy agreements, IT-contracts, procurement contracts, license agreements, etc.
- Drafting, improving and updating standard agreement templates
- Managing claims and providing counsel in disputes and settlements
- Supporting, training and liaising with COWI line managers and senior management in various legal matters
- Performing company sanity checks and general corporate housekeeping as well as advising in legal compliance matters
In addition, you are expected to participate in the legal community and continually develop yourself professionally to stay on the forefront of changes to legislation.
YOU ENJOY A DIVERSITY OF TASKS
You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as willingness and ability to work cross disciplines. In addition, you know how to link operational excellence and legal risk management.
You recognize yourself in the below statements:
- You enjoy a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
- You are engaging, resilient and have a pro-active personality.
- You can handle and prioritize many work assignments in hectic periods.
- You have the capability to combine a technical solution with a contract.
- You can think out-of-the-box and find pragmatic solutions to legal obstacles.
- You can develop and maintain professional relationships.
- You can communicate complex legal issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- You have natural curiosity and willingness to acquire new legal skills.
- You have a strong commercial understanding.
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
At COWI, we offer exciting careers and emphasize personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
COWI is a leading consulting group that creates value for customers, people and society across the globe. Based on our world-class competencies within engineering, economics and environmental science, we tackle challenges from many vantage points to create coherent solutions for our customers.
With offices in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, North America, India, the Gulf region, Asia and Africa we combine global presence with local knowledge to take on projects anywhere in the world. At any given time, we are involved in more than 12,000 projects. COWI has more than 90 years of experience in the business and is a leader within its field because our more than 7,300 employees are leaders within theirs.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please call Head of Legal, COWI Denmark, Charlotte Bertelsen on tel. +45 41 76 50 56.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your CV, application and academic transcript in English as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training