Geotechnical Seismic Specialist, Denmark (30118)
Ansøgningsfrist: 30/03/2019 -
Denmark - Sted: Lyngby - Bridge, Tunnel and Marine
Are you a highly skilled geotechnical engineer who is specialised in seismic engineering and looking for your next challenge? Then here is your chance to work on some of the world's most complex projects within the dynamic field of infrastructure and join our expanding global team of dedicated engineers.
COWI is a leading consultant group within engineering, economics and environmental science with 6,600 employees in offices across the world. Since the 1930's, COWI has pushed the boundaries of bridge, tunnel and marine design through our involvement in some of the world's largest, most iconic and complex projects.
Our civil, structural and geotechnical engineering specialists are internationally renowned for their work. In projects we always aim to incorporate innovative and sustainable solutions and push the boundaries of what is technically possible, such as designing the world’s deepest and longest subsea tunnel, engineering the world's longest suspension bridges in highly seismic regions, and creating resiliency by preparing our waterfronts and communities for ongoing climate change.
Owing to increased workload and development within our Marine and Geotechnical sector, we now seek to recruit a geotechnical seismic specialist to join our team of more than 50 Geotechnical Engineers at our head office in Lyngby.
COWI's group of Geotechnical Engineers around the world counts more than 200 staff supporting some of the worlds' largest and most challenging infrastructure projects.
About you (knowledge, personal skills and experience required):
Reporting to Head of Section for Geotechnical structures, Marine and Foundation Engineering, you will be responsible for geotechnical seismic engineering tasks and shall contribute to the technical development in this field. Furthermore you may act as technical discipline lead.
The role may require occasional international travel. Generally, these will be of short duration for meetings, site visits, attendance of conferences or similar.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical leadership to geotechnical seismic tasks
- Assisting in the development of conceptual and detailed designs in consideration of project requirements, i.e. providing geotechnical design and construction recommendations
- Specifying and interpreting geotechnical site and laboratory tests, with focus on tests that are relevant for seismic design
- Performing advanced geotechnical and seismic analyses
- Preparing technical reports
- Providing input to drawings and specifications, e.g. with regard to ground improvement design
- Mentoring and developing junior staff
- Performing QA/QC tasks
- Staying current in the industry by attending and participating in technical conferences and seminars
- Attending client meetings
Working at COWI
At COWI, people are our most important asset. Our collaborative and multidisciplinary work environment creates excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. With us, you will be able to shape your career. We place emphasis on personal commitment, responsibility and independence in everything we do.
As an equal opportunities employer, we offer:
- the opportunity to work on challenging and complex international projects, gaining hands on experience in both technical and commercial aspects
- an open and informal working environment
- the chance to broaden your perspective while working within a consulting firm that designs technical solutions for tomorrow's sustainable societies
- a competitive salary package including pension, health care, a bonus scheme depending on qualifications, and flexible benefits continued technical and personal development through participation in our formalised internal technical networks, project management training through the COWI Academy, and conference participation.
Our application process is easy. Simply complete your application by uploading your CV (no more than 6 pages) at the link before 31 January 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application. Note that we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
For further information, please contact Michael Schunk - MISC@cowi.com