Structural Engineer, Tunnels & Underground Structures, Lyngby, Denmark
Are you interested in working with one of the best Tunnels and Underground Infrastructure's team at one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Now you have the opportunity
Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of tunnelling and underground infrastructure design through our involvement on some of the world's most prestigious projects.
With a full set of world-class competencies within tunnelling and infrastructure engineering, combined with local presence and experience, our talented and dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world – no matter how large or small. Recently, our major project awards comprise a number of iconic and high profile projects around the globe including: KAAR Project in Saudi Arabia; Red Line Metro in Qatar; Lower Thames Crossing in London; Fornebu Metro in Norway; Chittagong Tunnel in Bangladesh and the Femern Tunnel in Denmark, the record-breaking tunnel project linking Denmark and Germany which will be the longest immersed tunnel in the world and the largest infrastructure project in Denmark’s history!
We have a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results; we are recognized as a centre of excellence for quality, innovation and are the client’s first choice. Our philosophy of getting it ‘right first time’ in tandem with producing alternative designs to ensure safe, economic and sustainable solutions has firmly established COWI as a leader in its field.
Following further contract awards we are actively seeking to recruit a professional and career minded Structural Engineer to join our highly skilled Tunnels and Underground Infrastructure team, based from our head office in Lyngby Denmark.
The role will see you working on a variety of project from around the globe and will offer you significant opportunities for skills and career development across a range of ground engineering and structural aspects of projects, together with the opportunity to work from other COWI Group offices in Europe and worldwide.
As a Structural Engineer you will possess a wide range of technical design experience within tunnelling and underground infrastructure (metro stations, C&C tunnels) and be capable of producing conceptual and detail designs, preparing / checking calculations for a variety of tunnelling / civil engineering structures.
BE PART OF AN INTERNATIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reporting to the Head of Section, you will be accountable for producing designs and calculations for a variety of tunnel and underground structures projects.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
You hold a master's degree in civil engineering and have design experience across a range of tunnel and underground engineering structures on multidisciplinary projects, with experience on designing complex concrete structures.
You have experience related to:
- Providing technical input to assigned projects
- Detailed design and analysis of reinforced concrete structures
- Assisting in the development of conceptual design and producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- Performs and reviews calculations for analysis
- Ensures conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- Preparation / checking of calculations and drawings, writing reports
- Site visits and attending client meetings, building relationships with clients and other stakeholders
Furthermore, you can recognise yourself in the following statements:
- You possess excellent reporting and communication skills in both personal and written form
- You will be self-motivated and able to communicate / liaise effectively and professionally with the design team, clients and contractors
- You will possess strong analytical ability and a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and current design standards
- You will have proven concrete design skills and possess direct experience within a design and build environment
- You will have FEM design experience (ROBOT or similar software)
- CAD/BIM experience from AutoCAD/Revit/Civil 3D is an advantage
- You will be willing to travel to meet clients or visit our other offices worldwide
- The ability to read, write and communicate effectively in Danish or other Scandinavian Languages would be a distinct advantage
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
We offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do. We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
If you would like further information on the position, please contact:
Head of Section
Tunnels and Underground Infrastructure
Mobile: +45 56402287
We look forward to receiving your CV and application before the 31st March 2019 deadline. Please note that we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.