COWI holds a key position in design of infrastructure and landmark projects. We are looking for a Construction Manager/Supervision Engineer for our office in Denmark - are you ready to join our team of top-professionals and engaged colleagues working for improving the infrastructure across the globe?
COWI is involved in the engineering, design and supervision of highways & airports, tunnels, bridges, marine structures, buildings and other areas. COWI combines global presence with local knowledge to solve prestigious infrastructure projects and it has more than 650 dedicated collaborators working in the transportation engineering business.
You will be part of the Highways and Airports department and work with some of the best technical specialist and project managers. You will be working as Construction Manager/Supervision Engineer, taking part in projects on various international and/or local highway and airport projects.
Following further contract awards we are actively seeking to recruit a professional and career minded Construction Manager/Supervision Engineer for infrastructure projects to join our highly skilled team, based from our office in Lyngby.
The role will see you managing construction supervision work on medium to large projects.
BE PART OF AN INTERNATIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
As Construction Manager/Supervision Engineer for infrastructure projects, you will be supporting our growing portfolio of roads and highways work in Lyngby, Denmark and will also have the opportunity to work on international projects.
Your work tasks will includes ensuring that construction management/supervision is carried out, inspections are done and all is documented. Prepare all necessary documents connected to completion of the works. You will evaluate and assess the contractors' proposals for execution of the work.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
You hold master's degree in engineering and have a minimum of 10 years civil engineering construction experience preferably within the fields of roads and pavements.
Furthermore, you recognise your profile in the following statements:
- You can manage cooperation across disciplines and geography
- You can communicate with the contractor in all matters related to the quality of the executed work
- You can plan, manage and monitor review of all contractors' submittals
- You can ensure that all required testing and external approvals are executed / obtained by the contractor
- You will participate in technical meetings with the contractor
- You will ensure that the contractors are working to an approved construction programme and ensure that the contractors take adequate action towards possible shortcomings in their planning
- You will evaluate and assess the contractors' proposals for execution of the work
- It is an advantage if you have experience in design and project management
Furthermore, you can relate to the following:
- You have excellent communication skills in Danish (oral and written)
- You are solution oriented, focused on deliverables and detail-oriented
- You are highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You have ability to perform under tight deadlines
- You are enthusiastic and a team player
- You are a very good leader and you are self-motivated
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
At COWI, we offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
You will be part of an open and informal working environment with good working conditions, health insurance and flexible staff benefits. We have good social environment where we work development-oriented, and where coaching and knowledge sharing are some of the essential elements.
If you would like further information on the position, please contact:
Head of Section
Highways and Airports International
We look forward to receiving your CV and application before the 20th June 2019 deadline. Please note that we accept application and CV in both English and Danish.