COWI holds a key position in design of infrastructure and landmark projects. We are looking for a road design engineer for our office in Denmark - are you ready to join our team of top-professionals and engaged colleagues working for improving the infrastructure across the globe?
COWI is involved in the engineering and design of highways & airports, tunnels, bridges, marine structures, buildings and other areas ranging from preliminary studies to design and rehabilitation. COWI combines global presence with local knowledge to solve prestigious infrastructure projects and it has more than 650 dedicated collaborators working in the transportation engineering business.
You will be part of the Highways and Airports department and work with some of the best technical specialist and project managers. You will be working as a road design engineer various international and/or local highway, land development and airport projects.
Following further contract awards we are actively seeking to recruit a professional and career minded road design engineer r for Infrastructure and roads to join our highly skilled team, based from our office in Lyngby.
The role will see you managing small to medium projects during all project phases, from conceptual design to detailed design.
BE PART OF A MULTIDISCIPLINARY WORK ENVIRONMENT
Infrastructure and road projects, you will be supporting our growing portfolio of road and land development design work from our department in Lyngby, with focus on multidisciplinary cooperation in Denmark, Scandinavia and internationally.
You will be accountable for designing infrastructure projects in Lyngby in close cooperation with you Project Manager and Head of Section.
You will be part of a team of young energetic colleagues. Furthermore, you will be part of our Young Professionals network.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
You hold a degree in engineering and have two-five years of experience with designing roads, highways, land development and/or rail infrastructure.
Furthermore, you recognise your profile in the following statements:
- You have a background in road design and infrastructure projects
- You have experience working on roadways and highways, complex interchanges, and traffic management works
- You have experience in 3D modelling of infrastructure projects
- You can manage cooperation across disciplines and geography
- It is an advantage if you have experience in site supervision
- It is an advantage if you have an interest in working with BIM Modelling
- Experience working on Design-Build projects is a plus
- It is an advantage if you speak either Swedish and/or Norwegian
Furthermore, you can relate to the following:
- You have excellent communication skills in Danish (oral and written)
- You are solution oriented, focused on deliverables and detail-oriented
- You are highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You have ability to perform under tight deadlines
- You are enthusiastic and a team player
- You are self-motivated
COWI AS A WORKPLACE
At COWI, we offer exciting careers and emphasise personal development, accountability and independence in everything we do.
We maintain a great social environment and provide many opportunities to influence your own development through targeted training, coaching and knowledge sharing.
You will be part of an open and informal working environment with good working conditions, health insurance and flexible staff benefits. We have good social environment where we work development-oriented, and where coaching and knowledge sharing are some of the essential elements.
If you would like further information on the position, please contact:
Head of Section
Highways and Airports International
We look forward to receiving your CV and application before the 20th June 2019 deadline. Please note that we accept application and CV in both English and Danish.